2023 Paid Leave Oregon Update Webinar
August 24, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- This event has passed.
DATE: Thursday, August 24, 2023
TIME: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM PDT
Join HR Annie Consulting for our 2023 Employer Paid Leave Oregon Update Webinar this August, presented by Kara Craig, Employment Attorney at Vigilant Law Group.
This webinar will provide an employment law update to those looking to stay informed on the latest Paid Leave Oregon legislative and regulatory changes. Starting on September 3, 2023, Oregon employees will be able to apply for benefits under Oregon’s Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance program, referred to by the Oregon Employment Department as Paid Leave Oregon (PLO). Are you ready? If not, you’re not alone. The law created a lot of burning questions. In particular:
- What are my obligations as an employer?
- How does this work with existing legally required protected leaves such as the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Oregon’s Family Leave Act (OFLA)?
- How much additional work is HR required to do?
- Are my employees even going to show up anymore?
Alas, the administrative regulations released by the Oregon Employment Department don’t answer them all. We are here to help. In this webinar, we review what to expect from Paid Leave Oregon, how to prepare, and when to implement changes to your leave administration process. This webinar will also help you navigate the unanswered questions of Paid Leave Oregon, including when to apply prudent business judgment, when to exercise caution, and when to hit the brakes and call an employment attorney.
We strongly recommend Oregon employers attend this critical legal and compliance update!
As a Vigilant Law Group Employment Attorney, Kara Craig provides strategic day-to-day advice and counsel to regional employers on the entire range of employment and labor law issues. Kara also develops learning curricula and loves public speaking and training. As a former litigator, Kara cuts to the chase and identifies potential legal issues that may arise from employment action and provides practical advice to ensure that the company is in the best possible position to avoid legal claims, but most importantly, do right by their employees.
$35 per attendee*
- If you can’t make the live session, a 7-day accessible recording link will be sent to all registrants.
- Eligible for 1 hour each of SHRM and HRCI credits!
- *We will donate $10 from every registration to the Oregon Food Bank, Kara’s non-profit of choice.